Frees Up Staff
Increase Facility Selling Points
Improve Patient Health
- Exposure to the outside, no matter what time of year, lessens the severity of Seasonal Affective Disorder, or SAD. Patients feel less sadness, anxiety, or exhaustion when they spend time outdoors.
- Studies show patients feel less pain when they are exposed to sunlight.
- People feel more like exercising once they are outside. A reluctant patient may be encouraged to walk around more once they step outside.
- A large portion of Vitamin D is acquired from sunlight. Patients soak up valuable Vitamin D, a nutrient necessary to help prevent osteoporosis, when they venture outside.
- Patients in wheelchairs strengthen their hand, arm, and other muscles when they are free to wheel themselves around more often.
Enhances Outdoor Safety
In the event a patient falls from a wheelchair or while using a walker or cane, safety mats are there to provide an impact absorbent surface.
Gardens, nature paths, and other outdoor features can become a valuable part of your health care facility when you add safety mats. Visit us at Mat Factory for more information about how you can implement safety mats at your facility.